1. Links to the appropriate Tips and Tricks pages -- both videos of the duty puzzles, and text how-to pages
2. Page needs to indicate that poor performance on duty nav can SLOW the ship. If you are not doing at least (?Fine? Good?) then your ship can slow down. If no one is doing duty nav, the ship won't slow down (unless a sailor booches).
- So, the question is does the navigation acceleration multiper start at 1.0 and go up from there, or does it start at (say) 0.5 and go from there. This could be answered given two solo sloops - one with no navigator (the player lazes) the other with a navigator intentionaly playing very poorly. See which one gets going faster. --Shagie 00:39, 24 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- It isn't a negative multiplier; that would move the ship backwards :-) I guess that's what booching does, though... (There should be a harsher penalty for booching.) --Ihope 18:57, 19 Jul 2005 (UTC)
3. If the ship is at full speed, sailing won't accellerate, and duty nav won't help -- all you need are carp and bilge at that point. Until you get into battle, anyways.
- I'm pretty sure you need a bare minimum of sailing and/or nav or the ship will eventually slow down from maximum speed. Also, having sparkly sails/nav make recovering from the the loss of speed from a turn about much easier.--Trazz 08:39, 24 Jun 2005 (UTC)